It is with regret that we have to report the resignation of Phil Lane as Head Coach of the Ampthill Lionesses.
Phil has done a great job over the past twelve months, and during a difficult time for Community Rugby as a whole to grow the number of players participating within the women’s squad. Over 25 have attended some sessions.
However, Phil has just taken on a new business as Landlord of The Albion Pub in Ampthill and needs to focus his time on making that a success – something that we all wish him good luck with!
We are therefore accepting applications for a new Head Coach for the Ladies Section!
Job Vacancy: Head Coach – Ampthill Ladies
Ampthill & District Community Rugby Club is looking to appoint a Head Coach for its growing Ladies’ team. This is a voluntary position and will report directly to the Director of Rugby and work collaboratively with both the Head of Mini and Youth Rugby and the Ampthill Academy Head Coach.
- The individual will be responsible for all aspects of running the Ladies team including the appointment of the Assistant Coaches, Team Management, Strength and Conditioning and the development of individual players.
- The individual should have previous coaching experience and be prepared to study to gain further coaching qualifications following the RFU development programme pathway.
- The individual will have to develop a structure and assist each individual player to realise their potential and achieve their individual goals.
- The successful individual will need a holistic approach to player development including specific training for very inexperienced new players who may consider joining the sport.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally RFU Level 2 Coaching Certificate
- 5 years of playing experience
- RFU First Aid Certificate (or be prepared to get the qualification)
- Experience of coaching or playing in Ladies Rugby
- The Ladies currently train one night per week during the season. Attendance will be required at all training sessions plus match days. Approx. 3 hours per week for training plus prep and planning time.
- Invariably as the Head Coach of Ampthill Ladies, there will be some administration that will need to be coordinated across the course of the season. 10 hours per month for general team management and administration. This may be less depending on the time of season e.g. September to December.
- Ensure that the Ladies and Girls teams are coordinated so that all, players, coaches, and team managers are adequately supported to maintain a pathway from the girl’s teams to the ladies’ team.
- Liaise with Girls / Ladies Team Managers regarding the arrangement of fixtures, travel, player availability, player registration, and other duties
- Maintain a relationship with the East Midlands and Saracens/ Loughborough pathway set up, to allow the selection of Ampthill Players at all Age Groups and promote the RFU player pathway across the club.
- Work with the Ampthill Rugby Marketing and Commercial Team to identify sponsorship opportunities for teams and individual players and coaches
Ladies Team Duties
- Recruit, retain and ensure constant development of the team including players and support coaches. Ensure coaches are suitably RFU qualified with relevant, coaching, DBS, and First Aid certificates.
- Build and develop a game plan to suit the strengths and weaknesses of the ladies’ team (with input from all coaches). Engage team in the game plan and ensure they implement in games
- Develop thorough training plans for the season aligned to the game plan. Plan and distribute detailed session plans to develop the team individually and collectively to achieve the goals set out
- Create with coaches and players a set of Ampthill Rugby values that all-female teams sign up to
- Create with coaches and/or captain/vice-captain a clear, honest, and fair selection policy and ensure that it is used
- Maintain links with players leaving for university and develop strong relationships with partner clubs within East Midlands CB
- Collate and allocate coach availability for training sessions and matches. This will be in collaboration with the ladies’ team manager
- Ensure that coaches receive the support they required to develop individually and that the coaching team works effectively together.
- Feedback to improve individual player performance and clear communication to help understanding of selection decisions
- Chair regular pre, during and post-review meetings of coaches, captains/vices, and players. Chair team selection meetings.
The closing date is Friday 24th June. All applications in the first instance should be sent to Kevin Miller, Head of Marketing at email@example.com
Successful appointments will be subject to references and Disclosure and Barring Service check.