Revised RFU Discipline Sanction Tables for the Adult and Youth Game – January 2017
As you will be aware, Unions recently took part in the World Rugby consultation on its disciplinary process and sanctions table.
The RFU, including representatives of the professional and semi-professional leagues and the Constituent Body Disciplinary Panels contributed to the consultation and as a result a revised sanctions table will come into force in the game globally from 3 January 2017.
The revised sanctions table is attached, but the key changes are as follows:-
- Incidents of foul play involving contact with the head shall be at least a mid-range entry point· Increased entry points for striking with the elbow, stamping and spitting
- Various entry points altered and expressed in an even number of weeks
- Sanctions for ‘tip tackles’ at all levels have been increased by 2 weeks
- An extension of the description under Law 10.4.M relating to ‘testicle grabbing or twisting or squeezing’ to incorporate other acts of foul play against both male and female players.
- Sanctions for verbal abuse of players, match officials, spectators, coaches or support staff based on religion, race, colour or national ethnic origin, sexual orientation or otherwise has been increased and the definition expanded
For a full list of sanctions applicable from January 2017 click here